Wednesday 18 July 2018

Pineapple blocks and applique

 Lisa K made this gorgeous, ginormous, Pineapple block with applique quilt  (and that's why I thought she probably really enjoyed that quick quilt --because this one must have taken a really really long time to construct)
 Some echoing, outlining and swirls around the applique.  E's and 3's in the body of the quilt--and some smaller E's and 3's between the two. 


 This is such a gorgeous quilt.  My photos were taken side-lit to show the quilting but the pineapple blocks don't show as well, which is too bad, they were so nicely constructed.  This quilt is 103"wide and the variation across the quilt was only about 1/4"   Impeccable piecing.
 I also threw in a few pearls into the echoing every once in a while--adds a little interest.


I hadn't been sure until the end if I'd stitch around the centers of the flowers or not....I decided yes I would and the photos show that it was definitely worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment