Monday 29 October 2018

En Provence 4

This is my En Provence. 
En Provence was Bonnie Hunter's 2016 Mystery Quilt.

The other 3 En Provence quilts I quilted  (one, two and three) were all E2E designs , so I decided to do a light custom on mine--continuous design, no stitch in the ditch, no rulers.    I did use two colors of thread, so I had to make two passes through the quilt but I was OK with that.  I 'gave' myself a budget, and was able to stick pretty close to it, so I was pleased. If I had used just one color thread, I probably would have been within my original budget.

And if you've seen the others, I love how different fabric choices (and in Colleen's case (quilt 3) a few different units within the blocks) can make a quilt look so different.

 This quilt was a little scrappy--I had 3 navys, and 3 of the teal/greens, and 4 neutrals.  I simply don't have a large enough stash to be able to make a quilt of this size from stash/scraps.

 I'm really really pleased with how this turned out.  I learned a LOT about making Tri-Recs units making this quilt. 
The binding and label are on the quilt now--I just haven't photographed it since adding them. 



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! as I haven't seen one yet that isn't outstanding! love the color changes and beautiful points all along the border! Happy Sewing from Iowa

    ReplyDelete