Sunday 18 August 2019

Horses and Alligators and Dinosaurs

I made this quilt for a special little guy who was born this summer.   It is a Yellow Brick Road  (green and blue road?)   This quilt is really about the animal fabrics.   Baby's Mom and Grandma are horse riders, so this fabric bundle from Carola's Quilt Shop was pretty much a given.  I added a blue from my stash. 

 The alligators make me think of my 2 year old nephew, who spent a weekend with us recently .  He puts his arms together and hinges from the elbows to make the alligators snap snap snap.  :)

 He also enjoys the dinosaurs we have around the house, pointing at them and trying to say pterodactyl  (ter -dac), so I imagine the baby who owns this quilt might someday really enjoy these critters.


 A baby blue fireside fleece on the back (color didn't photo well).
 Our resident dinosaurs---from a welding camp my son took at SAIT many years ago.  The pterodactyl looks a lot less menacing in real life than in the photo, truly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment