Tuesday 28 April 2020

Hips and Waists

 This is one of my quilts!!   Hips and Waists is a kit I bought at Rumpled Quilt Skins 

I wish I had taken a photo of the kit --they do such a lovely job of presenting their kits in that store.   Anyway they had a sample hanging on the wall, and I NEEDED it.  Seriously.  I walked around the store holding the kit for about half an hour before I finally decided I wasn't putting it down and going home without it.

Here it is after I opened it up....

It's a simple enough quilt--one block in 4 colorways.  It's all about shading.  Here's a block laid out, but not yet sewn together.   It was deceptive hanging on the wall in the store....it didn't look like a quilt with a ridiculous 63 pieces per 10"block.....


I actually enjoyed making it though--and so much fun to see it all come together.

 I had designed a custom quilting plan for this top, but then I decided it belonged to Marty, who was having knee surgery imminently, and so an E2E quilting design was more appropriate, and let me get it into the mail so she'd have it before the surgery.   I quilted this the same week as Deborah's quilts---I think I E and 3'd everything in sight that week 😄.



3 comments:

  1. I like that quilt. Sixty three pieces per block makes for a very labor intensive quilt. Love the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the honour of having our little pattern and kit featured on your website. It's difficult to envision from looking at the kit fabrics how essential it is to have the correct value of each of the sixteen fabrics - one slip up and the curves fade into the background. I think the E2E you picked helps to soften all the straight lines of the piecing. Congratulations, and thank you again for sharing! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out wonderful.

    ReplyDelete