Wednesday 4 November 2020

Journey 2 Nebula Seaside, Lucky Charms and Jawbreaker

 Nebula is Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts big new pattern coming out in January 2021 as a Block of the Month, kitted with Tula Pink Fabrics.    Julie realized that many of the people signed up for Nebula might not have much experience with her specialty rulers, or even with quilting, so she is hosting Journey2Nebula, each week sharing a little video about cutting a certain shape or piecing those shapes together.  I decided it might be fun to play along, and it could be a way to use up the end of the Betty's Luncheonette fabrics.  It has been lovely to have some smaller projects to play with. 

 
First up was Seaside, which according to the pattern is a table runner.  My version is a 26" pillow.  
 
I did the quilting all freehand, so no rulers were involved in the diagonal lines--they aren't all perfect but close enough for the purpose.   
 

Next was Lucky Charm .   Lucky Charm is a 20" pillow.

 




 And the third project was Jawbreaker --the pattern is for a 20" pillow but I made it 26" 


And this one I got a photo of after I put the backing on, stuffed.    I think these 26" pillows are a great size for propping oneself up for reading in bed.  



No comments:

Post a Comment