As I was playing with the practice piece on Saturday and Sunday morning, I was pondering which of *my* quilt tops would be the first to be quilted on my new machine. However, at church on Sunday, it became clear that the first quilt would be one of the Quilting Ministry quilts, as one of the ladies in the congregation is facing cancer surgery before the month is out.
So...this is a YBR (Yellow brick road pattern) 50x60. I used Superior Omni on the top and so-fine in the bobbin. Bamboo batting.
Something I haven't done in about 4 years is stitch out a pantograph, as it wasn't much fun using a 4" panto on the shortarm. I found it much more enjoyable and quicker to freehand quilt. However, if I'm going to be quilting for customers, I had better practice some pantographs. This quilt seemed a perfect chance to try one of my new Anne Bright pantos that I bought at MQX West. This one is called Paisley Feathers. It adds a lovely texture to the quilt.
A friend was over yesterday and asked how long it would take to stitch out a row...I didn't know then but I can tell him now, 12 minutes to stitch a row, 2 1/2-3 hrs to frog it :(. Somehow I didn't get the third row lined up correctly and it overlapped the 2nd row, so out it came.