Thursday 13 September 2012

Arabesque

 This quilt is one of mine.  It's a scrappy quilt called Arabesque, from a fabric swapping class at Needleworks years ago.  We met once a month, each bringing 6 lights and 6 darks (for example) and swapping fabrics to get lots of variety for a scrappy quilt.  Those sewing nights were a lot of fun, and I wound up with 5 very different quilts, and at that point in time I certainly didn't have enough scraps to make a scrappy quilt on my own.  This is the last of mine to be finished.   I was glad to see recently that my friend Nancy had a client bring in one of the other quilt patterns from one of  the same classes to finish, so I'm not the only one still working on these years later. 

I had always planned to do a custom quilting job on this quilt, and have been waiting for months for it to 'speak' to me about how it wanted to be quilted, but ultimately couldn't decide on anything, and so....pantograph!
 This pantograph is Plumage by Jodi Beamish, and adds a lovely texture to the quilt.  Hobbs 80-20 batting and a nice flannel backing to finish it off.

The binding is done, the label is on...all I need do is give it to its new owner.

1 comment: