It was also my first attempt at a mini-quilt. This one finixhed at 20x25, so the stars are 4". Not too tiny, but the smallest I had worked with to date.
First I made a practice block...
Stars Divided by Quilts Remembered.
I added the blue in the stars, and some of the backgrounds...the brown, dark blue sashing, border fabric and one of the backgrounds were Robyns fabrics. This pattern makes these stars without Y-seams (Yay!!), but the construction does cause some waste. The piecing was fun, but I had even more fun with the quilting.
SID around the stars, some details in the stars, some ruler work in the sashing and border.
Unfortunately, I never did get proper pictures of the finished project. This was just me goofing with my camera phone after I'd finished stitching the binding while waiting for my kids at one of their events. I didn't take more pictures before I gave it to Robyn.
I got a few shots of the quilting from the back.
Looking forward to working on the 2013 challenge now :)