Saturday 3 January 2015

Spirals on a Jelly Roll quilt

Ethel made this jelly roll quilt for her grandson, so both brothers got quilts for Christmas.  This grandson wanted blue! 

I love the colours in this, I'm not sure what the jelly roll was called.  The outer border fabric is perfect for this quilt.

Because of the busyness of the fabrics, this quilt got an edge to edge treatment, rather than a custom treatment, which would be harder to see on this quilt.  All this quilt needed was texture!

 I really like how there's one white diamond formed by the blocks.  The texture was achieved with overlapping spirals.


 The backing was a baby blue minkee--I have such a hard time photographing the real colors of Minkee.



2 comments:

  1. Loving those spirals. So right for this type of quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spirals are so right for this quilt. Great pattern and colours. I'm sure it will be loved.

    ReplyDelete