Tuesday 21 May 2019

Atomic Starburst

This is my Atomic Starburst, which is a Violet Craft pattern.    I have worked on a Violet Craft pattern 3 retreats in a row--I think I'll have to find a new one for this October.

I had been gifted a layer cake, and was looking for a great quilt to use it in, and luckily at about the same time Violet Craft published this pattern.

 The paper pieced starbursts took a long time, but the rest of the quilt just snapped together. 
 and I had LOTS of fun with the quilting.  I took some inspiration from PhillipaG quilts on how she quilted an Atomic Starburst.  And from some Angela Walters books. 

 A lovely cuddle backing shows the quilting really well.

2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! I am making one for my daughter Tudor grad- thanks for the quilting inspiration!

    ReplyDelete