Friday 3 May 2019

Purple

Purple really is just the best description of this quilt.    I am in love with how visually striking this simple scrap quilt is.  This quilt started with the remains from the 20 FQ used in Monkey Business.   I saw a similar layout with the half square triangles on line somewhere, and then went to EQ7 to design a quilt with the best use of my scraps.    I later went back to the original inspiration photo, and it is more of a blocks and sashing design, but  I'm very pleased with this.  I like it better.

 I see two shapes in this quilt--the diamond above, and the star below.   Those 16 patches were just asking for continuous curves, so I did a light custom quilting job on this quilt.  
I even used three threads--a white, a purple and a teal (in the borders for a special bonus for those looking closely)  I've included a photo of the border, but I cannot tell from the photo

and a lovely cuddle fabric on the back, which shows the quilting so well, you can still pick out the diamond shape,

 and the star shape

And here's a photo of the original quilt, in case you didn't want to click through

No comments:

Post a Comment