Sunday 30 June 2019

Chinook Winds Stoles

Colleen and I were commissioned to make these stoles for the Chinook Winds Region of The United Church of Canada.    The one on the left represents prairies to mountains and back to ocean, while the one on the right is prairies, mountains and mountain lakes.  The backs are Red, for those times when Red is the appropriate color, the stoles can be reversed.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a photo of the backing--you'll have to trust that it is a lovely red Batik, with imprints of leaves and other flora.   

 Colleen did a phenomenal job of piecing, and then I got to have the fun of quilting. 

 These stoles have many similarities, and yet are still different to one another, a pair, but not matched. 


I'd like to take a moment and admire Colleen's artistry here--see how the mountains line up--and it doesn't matter who stands on which side?   Brilliant!  All I had to do was add some texture.  

2 comments: