Monday 17 August 2020

Bicycles, Watermelons and Stars


Lisa brought me her Bicycles, Watermelons and Stars quilt, and asked me to custom quilt it, not too heavy.   The pattern is by Jan Patek
 
I looked at this quilt for quite a while before deciding what to do....I knew I'd quilted a version of this once before, so first looked at that ---and it had received an edge to edge Clamshell

I decided on the watermelon rinds first, and started quilting, knowing the rest would come to be as I went.  Then I decided to add "slices" in the watermelon.    I loved the texture and movement in the background fabric on this block, so followed some of the lines with stitching. 

The stars remind me of the Hamilton the Musical logo.  Maybe because we had just watched it.  So glad they made it available on TV.

The bricks behind this bicycle might just be my favourite. 

I had to sneak in a Christina Cameli design--so this block got Flourish as background
I've discovered a great outdoor spot for photos--the feathers in the border show nicely on this photo---I kept in mind the instruction "not heavy" here, and used a very open feather design. 


The quilting showed really nicely on the back too--



1 comment:

  1. Nice job! Lots of fun stitching...love that you treated each quarter a little differently.

    ReplyDelete