Wednesday 6 January 2021

Simply Dashing

 

My oldest has made her first quilt!!   She wanted to make a quilt for a dear friend, and I thought Simply Dashing by Highway 10 Designs  was the perfect pattern for a first quilt, and with these fabrics.  
Freehand quilting design is Effervescent by, you guessed it,  Christina Cameli     The first time I did this design I strayed from her design (didn't look back at my reference before I started)  and didn't go  through the bubbles, so thought I'd try it again.  I really like this one. 
The first requirement my daughter had when she wanted to make a quilt was a minkee back.   This is a beautiful wine burgundy that photoed a little pinker than reality.   Now she just needs to get the binding stitched so she can gift it.   I finished all my hand-stitching and had more zoom meetings so I did the hand-stitching on this too. Hopefully she'll be back next university break to make her second quilt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment