Monday 28 December 2020

Journey2Nebula part 2 Rock Candy, Candy Dish, Gazebo, Jawbreaker, and a few others

 Back in November I posted the first part of my Journey2Nebula, hosted by Julie Herman of JayBird Quilts

 The Journey Continued.  First up, Rock Candy, which I finished as a table topper, as the pattern suggests. 

Candy Dish
and Gazebo.  Gazebo is supposed to be a hexagonal table topper, but I squared it off and made a pillow cover.   It was my least favorite, I think because of my fabric choices.   I was getting to the very bottom of my fabrics by this point.   And then I quilted it!  Now its my FAVORITE!! 

I haven't done the final two patterns in the Journey yet, I probably will some day.

I enjoyed these little projects very much--I think having some thing small and FINISHED on a regular basis was great.   I loved it so much I made multiples.


More Jawbreakers

These projects all used remnants (they were too big to be called scraps) from prior quilts, smaller chunks of batting, and remnants from backings....the only yardage harmed in the making of all of these was a length of IKEA muslin used as backing to quilt the tops.

and some more Candy Dish, this time with bigger pieces to make a 26" pillow.  I love having a big pillow like this for reading in bed--now that I have progressive lenses lying down to read just doesn't work well.  My sister reports that her new pillow has vastly improved reading in bed for her too :) 





 and then I was on a roll and made a few more pillows, just squares



I bet you can guess what everyone got for Christmas??  

And here's a "class photo" of most of the projects together....like any class photo, some were missing that day :P




 

No comments:

Post a Comment