"That's a strange looking quilt" says my DH. Well, of course it is, because it's a practice piece. I had a narrow piece of wide backing that I put on the rollers, and then just kept adding random fabric scraps to the top as a practice piece. I started out using a pre-wound bobbin that came with the machine... it needed one of the cardboard sides torn off to make the tension better, so don't look too closely at my tension...I wasn't fussing with this practice piece.
The magic is when this 'strange' quilt is turned over.
Some meandering magic feathers, from Suzanne Earley's book...this was fun and I'll definitely do this again. Some of the turns on the spine need to be more open.