Monday 17 March 2014

100 Modern Quilt Blocks--Month 4

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by now, when I see things like this in my fabric package from Along Came Quilting's Block of the Month....

Yep, the fabric was staring at me...at least he's a great colour :0

 And there was this great Trivial Pursuit fabric...I've spent many hours playing that game


 Bird sand more birds.

I've resigned myself, this will be a "spy the critters" quilt.  I must quit fighting it and give in.

This block doesn't actually have birds, but it does have peacock feathers.


 I was careful with the orientation of my cuts in for the block below, so the lines would all be parallel, but didn't actually try to line them up...I don't think I could have done as well if I had tried

 These stripes I did make sure it was cut at the right angle...again, they lined up on their own.
 It's a good thing I'd resigned myself to having critters in this quilt, because a day or so later I read an article about Tula Pink and her fabric lines...and she's well known for the critters in her fabrics, so if this is a quilt from Tula Pink's book...I guess there's not point in fighting the critters :)

No comments:

Post a Comment