Sunday 20 July 2014

A Grandma's Love

This is a quilt client Ethel made for her Granddaughter, so I quilted it with hearts and swirls.  (the one she made for her other Grandaughter is here, now that I know it's safe and the quilt has been gifted)

 This bali pop had really great color combinations. 



and a very fun lime green minkee backing.  Did you know that with those textured minkees, the texture (the lines, bubbles or whatnot) are heat set into the fabric, and so if you use too much heat in the wash, dryer or iron those shapes will come out?    I haven't personally experienced this, but have read an article in a magazine where someone tested a bunch of minkee.  It was a few years ago, so I don't recall the source of my information. 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilt...love the hearts. I did not know that about the minkee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very interesting info about the minkee. I have the dots on my machine at the moment. Will definitely pass that on to my client!

    ReplyDelete