Thursday 17 October 2019

Ronda's baby quilts

I mentioned in the previous post that my friend had come to visit and sew for a few days this summer.   She managed to get these two baby quilts together, and she was focused.  We had planned some hammock/reading time in the backyard, but we only did that once.

These are only the second and third quilts she has made.  She is still early in her quilting journey.
 This one is a Yellow Brick Road, pattern by Atkinson designs.    Greys and whites and blacks, little foxes and bears and paw prints.    6 fat quarters, no borders makes a lovely baby sized quilt, 36x45.
 The colour is all on the back, with this lovely cuddle fabric that spells out baby.  I put a box meander on this quilt.

 This quilt has horses and skates and snowflakes.   The piecing pattern is Quarter Sections by Highway 10 designs.  I also do this one with 6 FQ, no borders, and it is a very similar size, approx 37x45.
 I quilted a ribbon meander on this one which adds a lovely flowing texture. 

 and this quilt also got a cuddle backing.
I

1 comment:

  1. These are awesome! Maybe that's about where I need to start, with baby quilts, just for the size factor. Can you make them with Cherrywood?😉

    ReplyDelete