Saturday 20 June 2020

Frolic


I added the outer white border--which I think made it about 88x88, gives the eye a place to rest before the binding, and kept my points from being lost  in the binding. 

I have fun with these quilts--usually because right from the beginning they involve a shopping trip with friends, and often, many days of sewing together.   They certainly involve many days of sewing....it keeps me out of trouble!  

I already had the blue fabrics--and bought the rest at Willow Creek Quilts



It's also fun because you don't really know what you're making until the very end--just units--step 2 wound up being the sashing.    I also really enjoy the secondary patterns in Bonnie's blocks---this one you can sometimes see some round shapes--and while it might look like two different blocks, it was one block and a narrow sashing...
Bonnie makes her quilts really scrappy, but I prefer a more controlled look, so had 4 blue fabrics and 2 aqua fabrics, as well as 4 neutral fabrics.  I did have enough variety that I think each star block was a unique combination--maybe one repeat. 

Wool batting and E's and 3's for the quilting design.  I really liked this solid grey wideback I got at Maple Leaf Quilting---if they had more I'd buy more.    When I washed the quilt it crinkled up just the right amount. 

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Bonnie's mysteries are always wonderful...lots of piecing. Great outcome.

    ReplyDelete