Sunday 3 May 2015

What is Black and White and Red all over?

when I was a kid, the answer to that riddle varied,  ....a newspaper, or something to do with zebras and blenders....


today it is Patti's quilt, which was a gift for her Sister in law, if I recall correctly.

I wanted to try some wavy lines, and they wound up making a wonky cross-hatch pattern.  Sometimes the quilting doesn't quite turn out like it is in my brain, and often it is better.

It seemed somewhat reminiscent of my mattress pad, so....add more stitching!

I added u-turns to every 3rd 'row' of shapes...

 These u-turns gave the quilt some more interest and a nicer definition, but didn't make it as stiff as every 2nd row would have done.

 This picture below you can tell the thread is red. 
Some paws on the back...
 and I found one more photo that showed the definition really well


Patty had some fabric left over, so she made her SIL a table runner...just like the one she made here, except this time she did it as a quilt as you go.  The center square is quite large, so I added some quilting to the center.


I thought the circle in the center gives a nice spot to put a vase.  Of course, I neglected to take a photo of the whole table runner, but if you want, you can look at the link above, and you can imagine what the whole runner would look like. 

Neglecting to take photos seemed to be a recurring theme this winter, I had to ask my brother to bring their quilt over, because I had neglected to take any finished photos of that either.  I'll post that quilt once I get the photos off the camera and on to the computer.


No comments:

Post a Comment