Thursday 12 December 2019

Spectacular Savanna Pillow


I made this 26" pillow for my daughter.  I used Elizabeth Hartman's Spectacular Savanna pattern.  I really like how she sets up her patterns, it's very easy to just pick and choose a few of the elements from the pattern.

Here are all 3 during piecing, and you can probably guess I added background to the zebra and the giraffe to build them up to the size I wanted for the pillow.

I did have a photo of the pieced backs--cannot find it now, but I find pressing the seams open on Elizabeth Hartman designs gives me best results.


I was very proud of myself when marking the diamond stencil on the giraffe, that it was the first time I felt very successful at lining up the stencil repeats ....and then I realized it wasn't square with the giraffe piecing....oh well, it's a rounded pillow--I left the stencil markings and proceeded to quilt.

 I had fun with the quilting...very geometric on the giraffe, freeflowing on the zebra background, and a blend of a marked grid work and freeflowing on the elephant.

 I was passing through Camrose, stopped at Quilting from the Heart, and picked up all the fabrics there.   I also got to say hello to Ardelle, and have a peek at Roger's design wall, so that was nice. 




2 comments:

  1. OMG I love them.Great quilting. I may have to make some of these myself.

    ReplyDelete