Friday 13 September 2013

Batiki Argyle #3

This is Ethel's Batiki Argyle, although perhaps we should just call it Argyle, as she didn't use batik fabrics.  She also chose not to add the pieced border.

 This quilt was begging me for feathers, so it got meandering magic hooked feathers. 
 I wasn't too excited about the quilting until I got it off the frame, and could see all the texture.   Then I was in love. I think the quilting is very elegant on this quilt...that's what I was going for, anyway.
 It was very hard to get the colors to read right on the camera...the photos above and below are pretty close.  Ethel used a charm pack, I think it was Moda, but I don't know for sure.  Some of the fabrics have little potatoes on them.
 It was hard to narrow down the photos to show here, I took so many, I just loved how this quilt turned out.    So, you may think this is a lot of photos, but I restrained myself.  No, really, I did.
 and the minkee backing was not this color...it was closer to the inner border seen above.  It's lovely and rich in person. 

1 comment: