Tuesday 30 September 2014

100 Modern Quilt blocks-month 10

This is the 10th and final month of quilt blocks in the Along Came Quilting block of the month featuring Tula Pink's 100 Modern Quilt blocks.


A nice set of blocks.  The only critters  are the butterflies....as kitted, there was one more set of critters, but I put my foot down and just couldn't use this fabric in a bed quilt for my daughter...






 Ants...cute enough, but not for MY quilt.  That's not too bad, considering I don't think they repeated a fabric in this whole BOM, that there was only one I rejected.

The ants were supposed to be marching around in this block...I added in the swirl-y feathers instead, they were from the butterfly fabric, and the kit had provided lots of that fabric so the butterflies could be fussy cut. 


This turquoise/green fabric made me think of my Grandma Fern's house, it took me a while to figure out why.   And then I realized, its very similar to the covering on her chrome kitchen chairs.
 And here are all the blocks laid out.  I'm going to use this layout, as shown in the book, because I like it a lot and love the rainbow effect (and more importantly my daughter does too). 

Laying it out on the white comforter helped us to decide we don't want to use white to sash the blocks.  I purchased a light teal for the sashing...now its just a matter of cutting out a LOT of sashing pieces and sewing them all together.

I had fun putting these blocks together, and am glad I did it as a BOM (critters and all) since I wouldn't have been able to do this from my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment