Tuesday 30 December 2014

A Starry Night

Sarah made this quilt for her husband for Christmas, so I had to wait to reveal this one as well.

 Sarah used the same Cheese and Crackers pattern she used for the quilt she had made for her newborn son--Clouds .    She assured me that she had counted all the border pieces this time , and since she no longer has pregnant brain, I believed her.  Sure enough, when I loaded it, there were no issues.

The first quilt had a light background, so we chose to quilt it looking like a sunny day with clouds.   This quilt, having the dark background, and being for a man who has a lot of interest in astronomy, got stars.  Sorry, J, I know they're about as realistic as a Valentine's heart shape is to an actual heart, but it's the best I could do.
 I used a variegated Rainbows thread on this quilt, the closeup above you can see the colour changes.

I didn't get a good photo of the backing, but you can see above it's a pale blue bubble minkee.  This quilt is for a queen sized bed. 

I hope your husband liked his gift Sarah!




2 comments: