Wednesday 24 December 2014

Ombre Fabrics and Texture

This quilt was made by Lori.  She used ombre (graduated) fabrics, and then carefully arranged her blocks to get this lovely colour wash effect.

If you look closely in the bottom row of the photo above, you can see in the brown block on the left and in the two purple blocks the colour going from deeper to lighter--the graduations of colour.  This is a great pattern for using the graduated fabrics.    I wish I could remember the name of this pattern, but I cannot.  Lori messaged me, the pattern is Intersection by Blue Underground Studios.

We wanted to add movement and texture to this quilt with the quilting.



 and some piecing on the back.   I love the blue batik Lori put on the back of this quilt.



Thanks for letting me play with your quilt Lori!

2 comments:

  1. It really came out beautiful. Congrats to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt and really like the quilting, definitely adds movement.

    ReplyDelete