Monday 8 February 2016

Dovetail

This is Noreen's Dovetail quilt, pattern by Atkinson Designs


If you clicked the link and looked at the pattern, you'll see that Noreen laid hers out differently, and made hexagons!  I really like how you changed the pattern Noreen.

I pulled this quilt out of the bag, and instantly saw that I could quilt it like this.....so I contacted the client and asked if the budget was flexible enough to allow this type of light custom quilting instead of E2E, and I sent a little diagram of what I envisioned.  Luckily, she said yes.  (although an E2E would have looked wonderful too).  If she had wanted an E2E, I probably would have had to buy the pattern and make the quilt myself.

 I used varied designs in the straight line quilted blocks, and the echoed arcs in the curved blocks.   All designs inspired by Angela Walters quilting.

And I love the design from the back too  There's some neat secondary designs to see when the piecing isn't influencing the brain.

The backing was flannel, warm and white batting.  I forget what thread I used.  Looks like Glide.

Thank you Noreen, for letting me quilt for you. I had so much fun.

2 comments:

  1. Love this quilting design...simple but unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done and the designs work well in it.

    ReplyDelete