Sunday 9 July 2017

Silver Star

The Calgary Longarm Quilters had decided that our 2017 group entry to the Heritage Park quilt display would be Hunter Star quilts.  That was perfect for me, as I had already decided that making a low contrast Hunter Star would be the best used of these 3 Toscana grey fabrics I had.

 I was also glad to make another Hunter Star (the Rapid Fire Hunter Star Ruler makes this so easy), because I wanted to put feathers on one.

I left selecting the inner border fabric until I had the blocks together--and I decided this shot cotton that I had left from my 100 Modern Quilt Blocks quilt  was perfect.  And then I knew exactly where this quilt belonged, and so it has been gifted to good friends.    What I didn't know is she had just redecorated her bedroom, and she said this quilt would fit beautifully in there.

I love the backing too--do you ever crawl under your frame to have a look or take photos?  I do.
The backing is a lovely sky blue cuddle fabric.


1 comment: