Thursday 28 December 2017

Chicopee Squared

This is a quilt that I made, a kit I purchased from Flare Fabrics quite some time ago (2015?).  It traveled to two retreats with me, before I got the blocks made.   The fabric line is Chicopee by Denyse Schmidt. 

 I was playing with scaling up Angela Walters Echoed Squares for an E2E design, I love the effect of it as a background filler in the bottom right  on my Elephant Abstractions so much. 
 I didn't size it right after the first few rows though, and lost the echo.  It is still a neat quilting design, even if it isn't quite what I was planning (this happens to me more than you might imagine).
 A nice flannel on the back, and some Hobbs 80/20 gives nice loft, as well as making it easy to wash for its recipient.   The solid fabric looks quite white here, but it's really a soft grey.
 This quilt is a graduation/18th birthday quilt for our niece.  She graduated in June, but her birthday is in December, so it was OK to wait :) 
 This was a generous kit, and there was enough fabric remaining in the quilt to make a whole lap quilt, no added fabric required.  I'll show you the lap quilt once it's quilted, but I used the yardage enough that I had to make a striped cuff for the pillowcase I made to go with this quilt.  I'm quite pleased with how it looks.


No comments:

Post a Comment