Thursday 28 December 2017

Rainbow Lollipops

This is the Rainbow Lollipops by Don't Look Now that C made for her niece.

 The applique on this quilt, as on the Little Monsters quilt that C brought me earlier this year, is so precise.  
My instructions this time were: as little on the applique as possible, flowers and swirls in the background--I also threw in some pebbles from time to time--makes it easier to sneak in tight spaces.  We decided not to try and stitch in the grass, as I didn't want to muck up any of her nice points.  And, of course, this is a bed quilt, meant to be used, so I tried not to make the background quilting too tight. 


 That grass fabric that runs all down the length of this quilt is all cut from one piece of fabric....C has so much more patience for cutting shapes and hand sewing than I ever will.  One of the very best things about longarm quilting for others is getting to play with these quilts I'd never make myself. 

 You can see on the back how some appliques were just stitched around, and some have a little detail stitching within the body of the applique. 



No comments:

Post a Comment