Monday 4 February 2013

Christmas Table Topper

In October I was fortunate enough to be able to go to Let's Quilt in St George Utah and take some Innova classes from Teryl Loy.  These classes had come with my Innova when I bought it, but I was unable to schedule them in for a year. 

Those classes were great, I learned a lot about my machine, and how to set tension, and met a whole lot of really nice people.

 This quilt was the day we learned about using the laser to follow and create patterns (the poinsettsas and the holly) and I used a stencil for the Christmas trees, and decided they needed to be ribboned.

I used a Superior metallic thread on the top, and Glide in the bobbin.

It turned out so nicely, I gave it to my aunt and uncle for Christmas.






the back...

I had not expected that star image to appear, but what a nice coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment