Linda has chosen different value for the sashing than the quilt pictured on the book, so they do look quite different.
This photo above is when I reached the bottom of the quilt and still had to go up the quilt again with the rose toned thread. Also you can see in this photo that the bottom and outside edges were quilted differently to provide a visual border, on a borderless quilt.
Linda worked hard to make all those kite fabrics to face the same direction. This quilt definitely has a top and bottom.
And she reported it was also 'fun' to get those kite points lined up on opposite sides of the sashing.
Wool batting gives such lovely texture. And I see below the quilt is upside down, because the trees are upside down.
Occasionally I do manage to quilt one of my own. Actually, this is the first of mine to go on the frame since last August. Our niece graduated high school this year, and is going to University to study music. She was thrilled to get into her first choice of University. I was thrilled to find clarinet fabric!
The quilt pattern is Broken Herringbone, by Violet Craft (although I didn't break it), and I extended the length and number of my fabric rows to make the quilt a generous twin size.
My niece is multi-musical--in addition to the clarinet, she also plays piano, several stringed instruments, and other reed instruments as well, so that's well represented in this fabric above. And her sister plays the flute.
I was pleased how this little keyboard appeared in the binding.
This is Colleen's En Provence, which was Bonnie Hunter's 2016 mystery quilt.
Colleen modified some of the units to create this rounder shape, and she increased the size to make it king sized. I love the circular effect she got, and the fabrics she used. It is maybe hard to see in my photos, but the dark fabrics are gorgeous navy batiks, coupled with the golds in the Ohio stars, and the rich burgundy in the other stars, it's a very warm quilt.
I really have no idea what this pattern shold be called, so I made one up :) Yvonne made this quilt for dear friends of hers, and when she thought about all the demands on her time in May and June, she chose to send the quilt to me.
I put a dwirling/landscape-ish freehand pattern on this quilt. It adds lovely texture that just sits in the background.
This is Katherine M's My Small World quilt, which is a Jen Kingwell design. As I understand it, you are meant to incorporate blocks and designs that are meaningful to your own life, and Katherine has a few of these in there that she was pointing out.
This quilt got a custom treatment with wool batting.
I have put a lot of photos here, because there are so many interesting little details to look at.
Colleen and I made these two stoles--she pieces, and I quilt. We're both happy.
This red one is the 7th of a series we were commissioned to do, and will be the last made with these fabrics. Previous stoles can be seen here and here
And this 'everyday' stole is one we made for the new minister at our church. Colleen used many fabrics that are in the wall hangings and from compassionate quilts we have made for congregation members and from the stole of our other Minister, so this really has ties to his new congregation.
We tried a new construction method this time--I quilted with just the top and the batting, and put the backing on afterwards--that allowed me to quilt right to the edges and use rulers on the red one, so I am happy with this method. The red stoles are backed with a batik, and it sat nicely. This one was backed with a silkier fabric and so Colleen put some tacking stitches in to keep it lying nicely.
Lisa K made this gorgeous, ginormous, Pineapple block with applique quilt (and that's why I thought she probably really enjoyed that quick quilt --because this one must have taken a really really long time to construct)
Some echoing, outlining and swirls around the applique. E's and 3's in the body of the quilt--and some smaller E's and 3's between the two.
This is such a gorgeous quilt. My photos were taken side-lit to show the quilting but the pineapple blocks don't show as well, which is too bad, they were so nicely constructed. This quilt is 103"wide and the variation across the quilt was only about 1/4" Impeccable piecing.
I also threw in a few pearls into the echoing every once in a while--adds a little interest.
I hadn't been sure until the end if I'd stitch around the centers of the flowers or not....I decided yes I would and the photos show that it was definitely worth it.