Thursday 19 July 2018

Stoles

 Colleen and I made these two stoles--she pieces, and I quilt.  We're both happy.
 This red one is the 7th of a series we were commissioned to do, and will be the last made with these fabrics.  Previous stoles can be seen here and here


 And this 'everyday' stole is one we made for the new minister at our church.  Colleen used many fabrics that are in the wall hangings and from compassionate quilts we have made for congregation members and from the stole of our other Minister, so this really has ties to his new congregation.

 We tried a new construction method this time--I quilted with just the top and the batting, and put the backing on afterwards--that allowed me to quilt right to the edges and use rulers on the red one, so I am happy with this method.  The red stoles are backed with a batik, and it sat nicely.  This one was backed with a silkier fabric and so Colleen put some tacking stitches in to keep it lying nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment