Thursday 26 July 2018

A Music Quilt

 
 Occasionally I do manage to quilt one of my own.  Actually, this is the first of mine to go on the frame since last August.  Our niece graduated high school this year, and is going to University to study music.  She was thrilled to get into her first choice of University.    I was thrilled to find clarinet fabric!
 The quilt pattern is Broken Herringbone, by Violet Craft (although I didn't break it), and I extended the length and number of my fabric rows to make the quilt a generous twin size.  
 My niece is multi-musical--in addition to the clarinet, she also plays piano, several stringed instruments, and other reed instruments as well, so that's well represented in this fabric above.  And her sister plays the flute.
I was pleased how this little keyboard appeared in the binding.


No comments:

Post a Comment