Tuesday 14 May 2013

Batiki Argyle

This quilt is a disappearing 4 patch, with a pieced border.  The pattern I used is from Debbie Bailey's blog And Sew Forth.

I really enjoy reading what Debbie is up too, I think when I started reading her blogs they were white water rafting, and since then she's moved to Paris.  And around all of that, she finds time to quilt!

Debbie's pattern called for use of charm packs (5" precut squares), but I was able to hit my stash for the required 5" squares, and I just bought the 2 background fabrics and the border.   Because I was using stash and not charm packs, I managed to do some strip piecing, which helped to speed things up.  I also added a row of blocks to make this bed-sized.

 Wool batting gives lovely definition, as well as warmth. 




I love the texture in this quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment