Thursday 30 May 2019

Simplicty II

This quilt is also one of mine.  I had a quilt to make on a time frame (where delivery to recipient was easy and convenient).  I had a jelly roll, and a border fabric that suited both the jelly roll and the recipient perfectly.  I was searching through my patterns, couldn't put my hands on the Cosy Quilts Simplicity pattern, but wanted to look up layouts, so went online and came across this variation on the pattern.  Simplicity II

I did add two more strips to get 42 blocks so I could do a 6 x 7 layout.   No point in having extra blocks left over!
 I love the movement in this quilt pattern. 
 The recipient of this quilt is a truck driver and a mechanic, so this border fabric (which I have been hoarding  saving for some time) was perfect. 

 I had a lovely charcoal grey minkee backing, and quilted a meander, to represent all the roads driven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment