Wednesday 14 August 2019

Quarter Sections for BJB



It's summer, and I get to quilt my own!!  This is a quilt I made for a dear friend.  It is the Quarter Sections pattern by Highway 10 designs.
  

It's a great Fat Quarter pattern, very little waste, adaptable to the size of quilt/number of fat quarters you want.  I used 12 FQ for this generous lap/throw/napping quilt.  I needed a long quilt for a long lady.
 I love the variety of fabrics in this one, and the lovely brown tones. And, as a prairie dweller, I love how the design looks like the land from the air.  Farm land in the Canadian prairies is divided into sections (square mile) and quarter sections (1/2 mile x 1/2 mile) and then further divided into homesteads, smaller fields and pastures.  Now, of course, the fields are getting larger - fewer divisions, but the imagery still holds.   
 My friend came to visit, and asked if I ever sold quilts.  I said no, and we looked at my longarm and talked about the quilts I had hanging in my house and so many other things, a great, too short visit.   But before she left that day, I handed her this quilt, in a gift bag, and said "I don't sell my quilts but I do give them away".   There may have been tears--from both of us :) 

.  


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandra! Beautiful quilt and can understand why there may have been a few tears shed at your kindness. I know your friend will just love this quilt, especially once she gets to snuggle under it. She'll feel all the love you stitched into it. And just look at that beautiful quilting - on a Minky backing maybe? Fab! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete