Thursday 19 March 2020

The Good Life

My guilds challenge in 2019 was that we each got a charm pack (or equivalent*) of The Good Life fabric by Bonnie and Camille  and had to make a project.  It was so fun to see all the reveals--each so different.  And apparently I didn't take photos once the binding was finished. 

I started out to make an 8 pointed star--had a great pattern, but didn't need the template that came with because I had a diamond template already.....but I forgot simple math....my template was a 60degree, and I needed 45 degree.   So....I went back to the drawing board and played around, cut as many diamonds as I could and came up with this.  I added a white, a coral, and the grey dot border.   I left it hexagonal, as now I made a hexagon quilt too!!!😄

I didn't add a hanging sleeve, as I imagined it as a table topper.  Nice and cheery for spring.  



 This the the project I got back.  Isn't it darling?  And the baptist fan quilting?  I know that's skilled ruler work quilting with the longarm--Sandy did this ruler quilting on her domestic machine, which I imagine is even harder....I love it




 * we started with a FQ bundle (12 charms per FQ) and a jelly roll (4- 10" lengths/strip), and cut it such that each of us got the same amount of fabric.  I got 10" x 2.5" strips, so was able to cut the diamonds.  Wouldn't have worked with 5"x 5" squares. 


1 comment:

  1. Oh great challenge! The colors turned out so good in that order- and your quilting is awesome!

    ReplyDelete