Tuesday 12 May 2020

Gypsy Wife

This is Dana's Gypsy Wife quilt, pattern by Jen Kingwell

Jen Kingwell patterns are always so much fun to quilt, and Dana's fabric choices are so interesting to explore as I quilt.  Dana added some length to the quilt to make it bed sized.


Here are 3 photos of the same part of the quilt...before quilting
 during quilting
 and fresh off the frame
When quilting this sort of a quilt, I try to leave some frames (and in this quilt some of the long strips) unquilted, to give the eyes a bit of a resting place, and it's another way of adding texture as well.  

 Dana and I decided to group several of the stripes together in the quilting--and to keep the quilting costs reasonable this was all freehand--no rulers.  I'm so lucky my Innova can handle ditching vertically and horizontally so easily. 

 I picked several quilting designs and just kept repeating them, always a good method for sampler quilts, where each block is unique. 

 So many photos....but each part of the quilt is unique....
 I have fun spotting fabrics I've used in quilts before...


 The quilting shows nicely on the back too---love using a wool batting.

No comments:

Post a Comment