Saturday 20 June 2020

Baskets and Butterflies


This is Linda's Baskets and Butterflies, a Jen Kingwell pattern.    Or maybe it's called Spring Fever?  I couldn't find the exact pattern online. 
I know this quilt took Linda a long time to craft---all that hand applique.   My husband wandered by to have a look while I was quilting and he couldn't quite believe it was all hand stitched down.  
Echos behind the flower baskets and a meandering flight path behind the butterflies.   As little quilting as possible on the appliques--some of the baskets needed some quilting in them though. 

Linda had to wait a long time, in these Covid days, for her backing fabric to arrive.  It was worth the wait! 



2 comments:

  1. Fantastic...love the backing...glad when quilters don’t just use any old stuff in their stash. I like a backing that will show off the quilting. And...with all of Linda’s fantastic handwork,,,you definitely did a great job finishing it off with your quilting.

    ReplyDelete