Wednesday 23 December 2020

Horse Abstractions


 When I first saw Violet Craft's Horse/Unicorn Abstractions pattern I knew I had to make it. 

I bought the fabrics in the summer of 2019 at Nuts for Bolts near Sylvan Lake Alberta.   There's a delightful mix of solids and textures, with a grunge background.  


This photo is a little funny--the perspective is off and the legs look really short.  But it shows the quilting really well.  I just had fun with the background--freehand straight(ish) lines, and some ribbon candy and s-curved lines thrown in here and there.  


Here's a better shot of the whole thing, once I had a quilt holder.   I added to the width and length of the quilt with extra background--now it's big enough to be considered a twin, or as a topper on a double bed.    I wish you could touch it--the some of the fabrics are textured, and then all the texture the quilting adds....


And for extra tactile pleasure, a minkee backing from Maple Leaf Quilting.  I'm a big fan of the 90" minkee backings.  




1 comment: