Thursday 17 February 2022

Beehive

Hello readers! Have you stuck with me through my blogging gaps? January and February are very computer intense for non-quilting reasons, and so I don't tend to spend any extra time sorting photos or writing posts. I also have little time for quilting, so have less to show. This Beehive runner is made by Colleen, for our guild exchange. This years theme was Flora and Fauna. I didn't participate this year, so quilting Colleens exchange was fun, and let me feel a little bit involved.
I quilted hexagons in the beehive itself, and then some ruler work in the bees wings, as the bees in the hive fabric had very segmented wings, and then a meandering loopy path as the bees buzzed along from flower to flower.
Colleen combined a few different patterns so there's no pattern to reference, although I think Elizabeth Hartman was involved somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment