Thursday 26 May 2016

Louise's flannel

This is Louise's quilt, and she gave me free rein.  I wanted a 'new' E2E design, and something fairly modern, so I dug out  Jodi Robinson's Modern Simplicty book and found this design.  I really like how she shows a design in blocks, odd shapes and as E2E.  I've used a similar design in blocks before, but wouldn't have thought to try it as an E2E I don't think.

It was perfect.

 I'm calling this a flannel quilt, mainly because I don't know the name of the pattern, and so don't know what else to call it.  The dark grey background is flannel.  The prints are an assortment of linens and quilting cotton, giving the quilt lots of textural interest.
I think another name could have  been stash quilt, as if I'm recalling correctly, Louise made it all from her stash.



No comments:

Post a Comment