Friday 4 November 2016

A quilt fit for an Engineering Student

My nephew was off to study Engineering this fall, so I made him a quilt fit for an Engineer!

The pattern is Varsity by Jaybird Quilts

I know I was sent a photo of the quilt on the bed in his dorm room, but I cannot find it now.  You'll just have to trust me that it looked good in there.  I think he'd just moved in, because the room was very tidy.

You may be wondering, what makes it the perfect quilt for a first year engineering student?   Aside from the pattern name, the fabrics, of course!  We have chemistry - formulas, organic diagrams and periodic table, physics, trigonometry, binary, simple math and even some Dr Who designs (or so my kids tell me--I thought they looked like astronomy drawings).




 My youngest figures her cousin can just lay on his bed and study from his quilt LOL



 I just hope it helps him feel loved and not alone while he's away from home.

And a nice green flannel on the back.    The color, once again, seems wrong on the picture below, but I love how the quilting looks on the back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment