Thursday 20 July 2017

Hunter Star in Silk

Colleen made this Hunter Star wall quilt/table runner for her daughter and new son in law's wedding.  They used the reverse side as a guest book, having the guests sign their good wishes with markers.  Colleen very cleverly pinned a clear vinyl to the front, so people could see the quilt, but not accidentally mark it.

 Colleen asked for hearts --so I added mirror image curls that came together to make a heart--much like a marriage--two coming together to become one (I *can* get whimsical while I'm quilting LOL). 
 The stars, and some of the background fabrics are silk...and they gleam differently in certain lights.  So pretty.



1 comment:

  1. Nice idea...pretty quilting. I am trying to work out what to quilt on an Hunter's Star quilt...your version from several years ago mimicking a double wedding ring is still on of my favorites and I'm definitely going to be heavily influenced by your work!

    ReplyDelete