Thursday 25 October 2018

On Ringo Lake

This is my On Ringo Lake which was Bonnie Hunter's 2017 Mystery Quilt.   Look, the binding is done and everything :)

The photo shows as red, but it's really more of a magenta color.

 This is the second of Bonnie's mysteries I have done, and as with the first, I learned a lot.  I'm still having issues with scrappy though--I used 4 pieces of yardage.
 I love all the different secondary shapes I see in this quilt, and that when I look from different angles I see different shapes.  
 I reversed the pink and blue on this quilt from Bonnie's...this way it reads, overall, as a blue quilt to me.  The other way reads as a pink quilt.
 I so rarely do an edge to edge design on my own quilts , so I decided to E2E this one.  Spirals.  All over the quilt.  Wool batting = lovely texture and lovely to sleep under.  It's a little too small for our bad, but at some point the kids will move out and we will have guest beds.
 Here is a photo of (almost) the whole quilt at once, before I got the binding on.    I added to Bonnie's instructions to make it square.
I had uploaded my fabrics into EQ7 to play with fabric placement, and I cannot now find the photos using my fabrics, but these two use fabrics similar to Bonnie's colors-maybe you can what I mean by saying one reads blue and one reads pink.


4 comments: