Tuesday 30 October 2018

Signature Quilt

This signature quilt was made in Texas in the late 70's early 80's by Karen's Husbands Gran. 

The family discovered this coverlet (because the top was hemmed -so it was probably used as a coverlet) in a box recently, and decided to finish it and use it.  The family is having a lot of fun researching the names they didn't immediately know (most are family), and looking into histories.

I had a lot of fun looking at all the fabrics as I quilted.   There is a little bit of everything in there--polyesters, cottons, plaids, kerchief prints. 

 and yes, that quilt is as big as it looks on my king size bed.  It is 100x100.

 I think, if I got the right signature here, Lydia was the maker of the quilt.     A simple meander tied it all together. 


1 comment: