Tuesday 16 April 2019

20 minutes until closing - Up Square Down Square

 Chris brought this great quilt to me for quilting.   I love the colors and fabrics she chose.  She was in the USA,  visiting with friends, and by the time they got to the quilt store, they had 20 minutes before closing, and she picked out all these fabrics in just 20 minutes.  
 Sometimes a fabric pull is easy--the quilt comes together in a snap!  (I've seen this happen with others, not sure it has ever happened for me that easily).  Often, I build 2 or 3 quilts before I wind up satisfied with a fabric pull.    Chris chose wonderfully.

 I wish I had asked the name of the pattern. The pattern is Up Square Down Square by Cozy Quilt Designs.   They have such good patterns, I've made several of them and they all work out nicely. 
 My photo really doesn't do justice to the depth of color and texture in this border fabric.   Chris is planning to use this quilt in their trailer, and so put a fireside fleece on the back for a warm, heavy quilt.

3 comments:

  1. its beautiful!!
    and sometimes 20 minutes is all you need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle the pattern is called Up Square Diwn Square by Cozy Quilt Designs. Thanks so much for doing such beautiful quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris. I've updated the post. You are welcome.

      Delete