Thursday 25 April 2019

Etno Bay

When I finished Soulful Windows, I could then do something with the remaining fabrics from the kit I had purchased at Quilting From the Heart  

Because I had strip tube pieced the half square triangles in the original pattern, mostly this meant just cutting more HST from the already pieced strip tube remainders.   Really, it took me more time to play on my design floor and figure out the layout.      The only fabric I had to add was binding and backing.

I named this quilt Etno bay, because the fabric line is Etno by Pat Bravo, and I looked up synonyms for Soulful (nothing that struck me) and for Windows and Bay was the option I liked best--so I put them together. 

 I did a light custom quilting on this--continuous curves, with a few curls thrown in.  A soft grey minkee backing shows off the quilting nicely.  

This is a baby sized quilt, and will wait until I have the right recipient.  

Here's a photo of Soulful Windows, if you didn't feel like clicking through.  The quilting doesn't show in this photo, I think it's worth clicking through to see the quilting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment