Wednesday 23 October 2019

Halloween



Kimberley brought me this fun quilt to work on.   Not only are the fabrics fun, but the story is fun too.  Kimberley, her mother, and her daughter Megan all made this quilt together.  Grandma is teaching the others how to quilt.  Kimberley cut and pressed, Megan sewed.
 Kimberley and I discussed a few different designs, and decided on E's and 3's.   If you look in the yellow-orange rectangle above it's easy to see how this design got its name.

 Grandma is a good quilting instructor,  because this quilt was perfectly flat and square. 

 Kimberley chose to have a neon orange thread on the top, and neon green in the bobbin.   Once I got the quilt off the frame and it relaxed a little, I can see pokes of orange on the backing.  We had discussed that likelihood ahead of time as well, and Kimberley decided that was OK, and I think once the quilt is washed they won't show.

No comments:

Post a Comment